Spanish Song and Zarzuela Festival
26 Oct 2016 - 31 May 2017|
The Spanish Song and Zarzuela festival is celebrating its third edition presenting the best of Spanish and Latin American classical music and performers.
Welcoming for the first time mezzo-soprano Elena Gragera and pianist Antón Cardó, Mexican baritone Ricardo López (winner of the first prize at the Trujillo International Singing Competition), tenor Jorge Navarro and soprano Lorena Paz Nieto. Returning to the festival for this upcoming edition: pianists Ricardo Gosalbo, Gavin Roberts and Horacio López Redondo.
The festival features a wide range of events including a celebration of the life and work of Enrique Granados (1867-1916). Supported by the Instituto Cervantes in London, the British-Spanish Society and the Spanish Song and Zarzuela Festival. Tonadillas en estilo antiguo and Danzas españolas A complete performance of Granados’s 12 Tonadillas (1912), popular songs based on eighteenth-century texts, together with five of his Spanish dances for piano (1890). But also a concert hommage to Alberto Ginastera in his centenary by Spanis soprano Lorena Paz Nieto who is with Royal Academy Opera, under the tuition of Philip Doghan and Audrey Hyland. She holds an MA-PrepOpera at RAM, achieving Distinction and a DipRAM for an outstanding final recital. She graduated with 1st Class BMusHons from GSMD.
Dates and events:
- 26th October @ 13:00 / Love and Death…el amor y la muerte… (part 1) / Milton Court Concert Hall
- 26th October @ 18:00 / Love and Death…el amor y la muerte… (part 2) / Milton Court Concert Hall
- 26th October @ 19:30 / Love and Death…el amor y la muerte… (part 3) / Milton Court Concert Hall
- 14th November @ 13:00 / Anniversary Miguel de Cervantes and Enrique Granados / St James´s Church
- 21st November @ 13:05 / Dark swallows shall return: Spanish songs of the Romantic era / Song in the City, The Parish and Ward Church of St. Botolph without Bishopsgate
- 28th November @ 13:05 / Gypsy songs / Song in the City, The Parish and Ward Church of St. Botolph without Bishopsgate
- 5th December @ 13:05 / Stolen kisses: a hommage to Alberto Ginastera in his centenary / Song in the City, The Parish and Ward Church of St. Botolph without Bishopsgate