- This event has passed.
She Makes It Happen
8 Sep 7:00 pm - 24 Sep 8:00 pm|
Little Soldier Productions, in collaboration with the Office for Cultural and Scientific Affairs at the Embassy of Spain in London, will be launching a series of conversations “She Makes it Happen”. Patricia Rodríguez and Mercé Ribot will be joined by industry-leading female artists to talk about what it means to make new work.
After nearly a decade of making work together, if there’s one thing they have learnt it’s that each creative process is completely different. So they will be chatting with theatre creators about their methods, how their work shapes them, and the joys and tribulations of it all, in a quest to unlock the making process.
- Tuesday 8th of September: Iara Solano. Performance artist, producer and curator. Founder of Sleepwalk Collective (UK), Associate Artist at Teatro de La Abadía (Madrid) and Artistic Director of inTACTO Festival (Vitoria-Gasteiz).
- Thursday 10th of September: Carolina Valdés. Theatre maker, performer and movement director. She is Co-Artistic Director of theatre O which she co-founded in 2000.
- Tuesday 15th of September: Elena Olivieri. Theatre Maker, Director, Actress and Workshop facilitator based in Madrid. She co-runs the international theatre company Bodo Bodo Productions as well as collaborating with other independent makers.
- Thursday 17th of September: Andrea Jiménez & Noemi Rodríguez are Co-Artistic Directors of Spanish Theatre company, Teatro En Vilo. Together they have written, directed and produced eight new plays, including Interrupted, Generación Why, Locos de amor, Miss Mara, and Man Up.
- Tuesday 22nd of September: Almudena Adalia is a Director, Puppeteer, Workshop Facilitator, Producer and Co-Artistic Director of the international company, Sinespacio Teatro (Madrid) specialising in visual theatre.
- Thursday 24th of September:Ursula Martinez is a London-based Anglo-Spanish theatre maker. She is a performer, writer, director and cult cabaret diva. Her award-winning solo shows tour all over the world and collaborates with international artists.
To find our more, visit Little Soldiers website. All talks will be first held on Zoom, to later be made available at the Embassy of Spain’s Youtube Channel.